Airsport is more than a school it is a club where you can keep flying, to enjoy, to learn … to explore the skies. Once an air-sporter, always an Airsporter!
Club Airsport was born out of the need to allow pilots with the initial certification, which we also called semi-autonomous pilots, to continue to grow at their own pace. In the meantime, it has grown to much more than that, we offer all kinds of activities, to let the autonomous pilot enjoy an organized offer, where flying safely is central. Some activities are aimed at growing independently in a framework that is not a training, others are purely enjoying a flight accompanied by experts from the region, who will take you to the best places at the given moment.
Our guides are, tour guides, coaches, jacks-of-all-trades, and top pilots. Their objective is to take you to the right place at the right time, to explain the site, the forecast, … They will help you where necessary, learn tips and tricks, sign off your flights, arrange accommodation and transport, help where necessary….
It is the ideal formula to evolve from initial certification to pilot’s license or even certified XC pilot in a budget-friendly way.
What are the activities?
- Club Airsport – Flying parallel with the trainings, for your further progression.
- Club Travel – Flying together in thermal conditions in a specific region such as Algodonales, Dolemites, Morocco, …
- Club XC – Only for XC pilots, flying together at the best places for XC flights, everything a competion would have, but without the competition and with the objective to get better.
- Club Ski & Fly – Fly with your skis, launch on a piste, touch’n go, and land with skis.
- Club Flex – Whatsapp – For all those pilots who can make themselves available last minute, a whatsapp group where we make a call in function of the forecast who wants to join a club Airsport activity in a day.
- Flying on Belgian sites.
- Theory evenings.
- Throwing your reserve day
What is the required level?
- Initial certification, or comparable flying experience
- Being able to start independently
- Being able to land independently
- Being able to design and fly a flight plan independently
- ~ 30 Large flights
- > 3 flight sites
- Being a member of Club Airsport.
- Full BVVF insurance.
- Own material.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
Some activities require a higher level than initial certification, if so it is reported on the specific activity.
How do I become a member of Airsport?
When you register for an Airsport activity, you become automatically member for this calendar year. It should not cost a euro more, and hence it does not.