Is Cross Country (XC) flying your ultimate goal? Do you have a good control over thermal flying and you have already obtained your xc certification? Do you want to raise the bar and not only fly longer but also further and better? The goal is simple, XC flying on the spot with the best predictions at the given moment, to increase your experience and knowledge and your confidence in yourself as an XC pilot.
Every day you get what you would get during a competition, a forecast briefing, a task, a site briefing, transportation between takeoff and landing and retrieve. Fly with multiple pilots and push your own boundaries. But then without the actual competition, it’s not against time, everyone wins when everyone is on goal. But it’s also much more than a competition, you get tips and tricks on how to fly better XC. Where do I find the thermals? How does the thermal potential change during the day? What’s the best line? When should I accelerate and when should I better wait? During the flight you will get updates about the air conditions and if possible also guidance on where the best thermals are located. Before and after flying we compare the tracks and review what you could have done better. Where you could optimize your flight and where the better line was.
There are 2 XC weeks on the program, one with Lode and Bram, the other with Robin. Lode Spruyt is one of the best pilots in the country, and flew a 416km cross last year! He flies in the Belgian team at PWC (Paragliding World Cup) competitions. Fellow guide is Bram Declercq, with 13 years of flying experience and a personal best of 170km triangle. He knows how to adapt the tips and exercises to everyone’s personal experience. The other week Club XC is with Robin, with 15 years of flying experience, of which 10 years co-organizing XC events and paragliding trips. His focus is not on competition flying, but as a professional trainer and coach, enabling the participants to grow as XC pilots by flying together as much as possible in groups and making long and safe flights together. We go over what is possible together and set out the task with an eye on the level of the group and conditions of the day.
- Theory lessons on XC flying
- XC flying in practice
- Predicting the meteo and of a “good XC day”
- Reading the weather situation
- Making decisions, what line do you choose, where do you look for the following thermals
- Optimizing the instruments
- Through briefing and de-briefing we go over how there was flying, we compare tracks and see what was good and what could be better.
- During the flight you will receive regular updates on the conditions in the air, as far as possible you can expect additional hints and tips to optimize your flight
- 7 days XC flying and coaching.
- Daily meteo briefing, a task description and a site briefing.
- Transport between takeoff and landing, and retrieve.
- De-briefing and analysis of the flight.
- Theory lessons on meteo, XC flying, material.
- Certification XC Pilot and IPPI-5 card (this is a required participation condition)
- Being a member of Club Airsport.
- Being a member and a full BVVF insurance.
- Travel assistance insurance
- Have your own paragliding material, including a GPS
Where it’s good at the time. We draw an imaginary circle of 1200 km around Mechelen and find the best place for XC flights and that’s where we go. If the weather changes, and there is a better place in a row distance, then we move to another location.
With 1 attendant (Robin) € 350 for 7 days, € 280 for pilots who bought their equipment from the Paraglidingshop.
With 2 escorts (Bram and Lode) € 525 for 7 days, € 455 for pilots who bought their equipment from the Paraglidingshop.
Other (not included) costs:
- Stay, target price € 25 – 40 per day
- Own consumption
- All costs are distributed on site
Check the calendar when the next trip is scheduled.Club XC - 25/07/2021 - 31/07/2021 – Flexible in a radius of 1200 km, where the forecast is good.
Club XC - 01/08/2021 - 06/08/2021 – Flexible in a radius of 1200 km, where the forecast is good.